Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love the holidays but.........

The holiday season is my favorite time of the year. Spending time with family and friends, cooking, decorating and my all time favorite, Christmas tree shopping, but with the flurry of things to do, a to-do list 2 pages long and shorter days, finding time to ride can be very difficult.Throw in a couple of sick kids and it can get even worse.
The past couple of weeks I have gone from 4-5 days of riding to 2-3 days. It starts out like any other day with best intentions and then find myself buried deep in several projects that just can't wait anymore.
I did sneak in a great lesson this week and my lovely husband watched the kiddos while I got some barn time today. Like the old saying begins, "best layed plans." My mare likes to play a quick game of you can't catch me, instead today she was a little more frisky slipping in the mud and taking a pretty bad tumble hurting her left hind leg. Well, scratch riding on today's list. I spent the rest of the time massaging, cold hosing and hand walking her.
Needless to say I came home worried and frustrated that she had to carry on so much she hurt herself and replaying what I could of done differently to prevent her from getting hurt. I have been patient with her when it came to this game, but I can now say I am a little frustrated.

No comments: