Saturday, November 19, 2011

Project: Fitness





I have spent the last 3 months focusing on Maya and improving her all around fitness level, working closely with our trainer. She has come such a long way in a short bit of time. As her fitness level increased I realized my fitness level was, should I dare admit, nonexistent.


Now that the cold weather and winter months are approaching, my riding time is going to decrease. We are fortunate to have an indoor arena, but with 60 horses and lessons, finding a moment to ride in the arena is very difficult.


I know most of you are going to say, riding helps you keep fit and yes, riding has helped me move towards increasing my fitness level, but I still have a long way to go. I am challenging myself to work towards becoming fit so that I can be the rider that Maya deserves.


I purchased a book Pilates for Riders through Amazon several months ago, time to dust off the cover and start moving. Here begins my winter project: Fitness

No comments: